Sunday, February 28, 2010

And That's Why You Pay A Professional, Kids

Well, after years and years of having my hair professionally dyed, I decided to use a box dye and do it at home.  Of course, I had to choose a color my hair has never been before, "medium auburn brown".  Remember when I had the revelation that I need to go red?  Easy enough, right?  Wrong!  First of all, my hair had highlights.  Highlights that had no intentions of going "medium auburn brown".  My hair is also a lot blonder than you would think, I just keep it dyed darker, so the roots that had grown were also not even having this color.  The rest of my hair was this gorgeous color of red, but the highlights and roots you ask?  Pink.  Yes, pink.  Okay, so it was maybe it was a light auburn, but I saw pink and I'm sure you would have agreed.  After much consideration on what to do about my pink highlights, I decided this morning before to church to hijake the hair color my sister left here a year or so ago and dye my hair for the second time in 24 hours.  The color was "medium brown".  Easy enough again, right?  Yeah, pretty much.  It took care of all the "pink" and left an all over auburn color that I'm pretty happy with.  Here's some pics from my hair color journey, you can't tell the colors exactly, but you can get the just of it:

Here we go...


You can't see the pink, but believe me, it was there.


Two dyes later, the end result.

The moral of the story is some things are just better left to the pros.  Chances are the next time my hair is dyed, it will come from a box.  I'm a glutton for punishment.

Here's some pics of the lazy kids, just because...

No comments:

Post a Comment