Sunday, February 14, 2010

Grace & Peace & Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day my lovely readers!  Especailly those of you from NYC, because, well, I think people from there are just plain cool.  How was your day of love?  Mine was pretty great.  My best friend met me bright and early this morning so that we could go to the 9:30 church service at Hillvue, which was a blessing as usual and God, as usual again, gave me the encouragement to make it through the week.  Grace and peace was the message, so "grace and peace" to you!  We had lunch at Mancino's (yummy cheese pizza) then went to the matinee to see Valentine's Day.  It was so much better than I thought it would be.  The acting was great, of course, although Taylor Swift was a little bit of an over-actor.  The ending had a couple of great surprises, one very surprising and the whole theater made the OMG sound and the other brought tears to my eyes.  Oh, and I had forgotten how much I like Jennifer Garner.

(via here)

This particular scene in the movie confirmed my suspicions from yesterday.  I definitely must purchase this handmade recycled leather bag:
 
(via here)

I will be doing so as soon as I'm finished here.  Happy Valentine's Day to me!  After the movie we did a little thrift shopping and I came home with these two jackets, which were $5 each from Goodwill.



I can't give much advice, but one piece of advice I can give is that a girl can't have too many denim jackets, especially when she finds them for $5!  After some non-fat white chocolate mochas, we headed home early to spend some time with our families.  This is what my evening looked like and will continue to look after I get finished with this post and purchasing my bag.


All in all, it's been a great day.  Did I look at my phone a couple of times hoping to see a Valentine's Day wish?  Of course.  But I'm only human and have accepted that.  I have great friends and a wonderful family and am blessed beyond words.  My gorgeous niece made me this card and I couldn't ask for a better Valentine's Day gift.

1 comment:

  1. awwwww...how adorable!! Nothing like getting to snuggle with your doggie!

    ReplyDelete