Wednesday, February 3, 2010

How Many Heartbreaks Have I Missed??


At church tonight Pastor Jamie brought up such a good point, a point that I'm very surprised I've never heard or even thought of before.  His brother-in-law died of cancer last week and he is, of course, broken-hearted.  He was talking about how easy it is to praise God when things are easy, but that we should also praise him when things are bad.  He also talked about how God is there for us during those times and how we question why he even allows those bad times to come.  Then he said something that brought me so much comfort, "I don't know how much heartbreak I've NOT had because of Him.  I don't know how much hurt I've NOT been through because of Him."  Wow.  I mean, this is a basic statement and a simple understanding, but so powerful at the same time.  I can say I've had hard times, some harder than others, but I look at other people lives and see how truly blessed I really am and it's because of Him.  If God wasn't in my life, who knows the hurt and heartbreak I could have been through or that I could have in front of me.  Who knows the heartbreak and hurt I've NOT had because of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment