Monday, March 8, 2010

Last Day of Vacay...

I can't believe I go back to work tomorrow!  I shouldn't complain since I've been off since the end of February, but I've really enjoyed being home.  My computer died last week and I just got my new battery and AC adapter in this morning.  It was a much needed "technology detox" as I called it.  The weather outside is gorgeous and I would love to get out and take a nice long walk, but I'm feeling under the weather today.  One of those sinus headache, feeling dizzy kind of things that just won't ease up.

My sister and I made a trip to Nashville Saturday.  The weather was great, so it was a good day to get out and walk around the city.  We ate at Amerigo's and it was delicious!  The cheese fritters were excellent and the salmon was very tasty, too.  We spent some time downtown then drove to 12 South then made our way to Green Hills.  We walked around the mall and looked at things we couldn't afford then went grocery shopping at Whole Foods.  I'm bummed there's not one closer to us.  I could eat so much better!  Spending the day in Nashville definitely reminded me how much I love it there.

So, this is my last week at work and I start my new job next week.  I'm so excited, yet terribly scared and nervous.  For the past three years my life has been very routine, with only a few changes here and there and it's scary to know that after this week, the little shell I've put myself in will be gone.  But it's time for it and I'm ready to see what's next!

On a totally different note, Jeff Bridges won for Best Actor last night and I couldn't be more thrilled.  Crazy Heart is honestly one of the best movies I've ever seen and he was absolutely deserving of the win.

(image via here)

No comments:

Post a Comment