Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday

Easter is probably my favorite holiday.  I like the time of year, I like the pretty outfits, I like watching kids hunt eggs and I love the candy, think Reese's eggs!  But the older I get, the more I realize what an awesome day this really is.  The day Jesus rose from the grave.  The fact that he died on a cross for me, for you, for everyone is beyond my comprehension.  What He went through so that I may be freed from sin and have an eternal life astonishes me.  It's amazing.  I can't even find words to explain.  But I feel it in my heart and that's what matters most.

We had a wonderful church service this morning and I had a great day with my family.  The weather was perfect and a nice change from the past few years, rainy or cold.  It's a perfect start to a hectic week.  I'm a blessed girl.  I have such a peaceful feeling on this Easter evening, I hope you do, too.  Happy Easter!



No comments:

Post a Comment