Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Junking

My day started out with my mom and I going to the flea market in Leitchfield.  We didn't find anything we had to have, but we did get some sweets from the Amish.  Yumo.  We stopped by a yard sale and ended up with sheets, tins and a faucet.  I guess that got me in the mood to go "junking" on my own.  My uncle, Michael, owns a lot of land that used to be my Mammaw and Papaw's before they passed away.  There's a barn (that my uncle painted bright yellow, yeah, yellow) that is FILLED with stuff/junk that has been there for years.  There's also an apartment off the barn that my uncle built when he was younger.  AND, there's also another part of the barn on the outside with tons of junk, too.  So, obviously there's a lot to go through.  I just went mostly looking today.  I'm not all about digging in too much, without gloves anyway.  I never realized how much stuff there actually is.  I can't wait when I can actually get to it and take it and if it can be upcycled.  Yay!  Here's just a few pics of my finds:

This is basically what the whole barn looks like.  So, mulitply this by 10 and you get the picture.

I'm going to claim this fan.  Not only because I love old fans, but I love the color of the base.

See the fan?  Yeah, that's why I didn't take it with me.  I'll climb my way to it soon!

That's a chair that's in the rafters of the barn.  Oh, yeah.  Did I mention there's stuff up there, too??

One of the days, when I have room for it, I'll probably steal this and redo it.

And this is my most exciting find of the day!!  Remember when I found the perfect green wardrobe on Etsy??  Well, I've found the one I REALLY want to restore!!  How perfect!  Oh, and can you see the yellow iron bed frame in the mirror of the wardrobe?  Yeah, I'm claiming that, too!

What a great day.  It was so relaxing and I wish I had more days like this.  Maybe one day.

2 comments:

  1. how perfect!! all that junk looks like heaven to me! :) that vintage glider is unbelievable. so happy for you! be sure to post your 'after' pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must agree with Elise and say that this is my idea of Heaven. It's my husband's idea of hell ;) Happy junking. Can't wait to see what you do with the treasures.

    ReplyDelete